2024 Winter Display Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions 2024 Winter Display Trolley Museum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

It’s never too early to start thinking about it (I know Pumpkin Trolley is coming up rather quickly of course) and previous years we’ve done some different types of displays. I know we did Hoth with the Town 2 years ago back when we were in the old place and was wondering if we wanted to add it to this year and plan a layout with the trains still able to surround/go around it (or partially thru it) and have the town around it at least partially. Can definitely Christmas-ify it up with the AT-ATs being reindeer again, etc.

Would be something a lil different and, if project support comes in, could be a fun “work as we display” on it as an example to show people some of what we do, what goes into building, etc. Hoth does have a large footprint (I can shrink the snowfield a bit and can exclude the Falcon to save space, it’s not necessary to work on certain parts) so planning the layout and tables would be important.

Just a thought wanted to get it on the table to see if anyone else thought it was a good idea. I know last year the town display was pretty large and looked great and I think we could still do a lot of that and make it integrated and interesting.

John S
    Participant

Not sure of my status this year as I’m in the middle of a rebuild (as in I just started lol). But my new layout is 4 baseplates deep on their own, before train track going around.

Again, not sure I’ll be ready for this year anyway but wanted to give an idea that layout has evolved and doesn’t incorporate into the city as much, more standalone.

Tim

It’s never too early to begin thinking/planning/strategizing. 😀

Laura
    Participant

Hai hai, thanks to Johnathan for posting this. I figured I should follow up with the dates for the display.

Santa Trolley will take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday November 29 & 30 and December 1, 6-8, 13-15 and 20-22. Set up would take place the weekend & week leading up to Thanksgiving. and teardown will be in the evening on the 22nd. I anticipate being able to leave supplies at the new building between the Fall & Winter events.

Plan away! I will be updating this as soon as fall trolley wraps up.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Well, thinking Hoth can be shortened without the UCS Falcon (gonna use the original one, much smaller) to 6 x 12 32×32 baseplates and perfect line for a train to go over the battlefield (tourists need to see it up close right?)

Thoughts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar