Bricks in the Six

Home Forums LUG discussions Bricks in the Six

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Hey all, just wanted to make you aware of Bricks in the Six: Canada’s Largest LEGO Fan Event, held just outside of Toronto. The convention runs from November 14-17 and is about a 5 hour drive from Pittsburgh.
    The convention is also run by some good friends of mine, and I’m sure they would love to have some Steel City LUG folks come up for it (I plan on attending).
    You can find more details here: https://bricksinthe6.ca/

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know. I am interested in Bricks in the Six, and I created an account, but I don’t think this is my year. I am happy enough with my build this year to take it to Chantilly and Erie, but not so excited about it (like I was last year) that it would justify the additional travel costs to put it out again.

Also, do you still need a passport to enter and leave Canada? I haven’t been to Canada since before 911, and I haven’t used my passport since 2005, which means it is almost certainly expired. I don’t know how easy or quick it is to renew these days. I have been to Toronto and it’s a neat city.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Yeah, you need a passport. I don’t think it’s particularly difficult to renew, but I think it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks.

Tim

@bengood921 U.S. Passports for adults expire after 10 years. To renew is 6-8 weeks normally but to apply for a new passport after expiration can take several months (depending upon the backlog at the State Department). You’ll also need to get a new photo taken (I always make my appointment with the Post Office as they seem to do the best job – Walgreens, etc. is hit-or-miss as to whether their photos will be accepted). Just FYI.

Dan
    Participant

You can get a passport card for entry to land and certain sea borders. It’s the size of a driver’s license. Works for Canada, Mexico, and I think most of the Caribbean.

Dan
    Participant

I might be interested in this convention.

Tim

I’ve also created an account. Registration is $100 for an exhibiter. Presuming that is Canadian dollars, that would be $72.69 at today’s exchange rare, about $17 less than BFVA’s $90 registration fee. The drive is also about the same as BFVA (4 hours 15 minutes from my house). I am strongly considering going (and Jacob wants to come as well). The timing in mid-November fits into my schedule.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I can confirm the cost is in Canadian dollars. Also, if you guys come, I’ll actually hang out with you more at this one.

At BFVA I was staying at a friend’s house and we often just went back there to hang out and play games, as it was a nicer environment than the convention hall. But Bricks in the Six is definitely a nicer (and smaller) venue than BFVA, more conducive to hanging out and playing games.

Tim

more conducive to hanging out and playing games.

Sounds awesome. At this point, I’ll say I’m 85% sure I’m going. Just need to check on a few more things but should be able to confirm my status by no later than mid-September. @hacim thank you again for bring this convention our attention!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar