Fall Shaler Library Display

Home Forums LUG discussions Fall Shaler Library Display

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Beth from Shaler library just reached out and asked if we’d like to fill a display case. She has September or October available.

1) is there interest?
    2) preference on month?

I’m thinking September since we have a lot of October events, but open to whatever the group decides.

I’d like to get back to her by Monday so just let me know either way. Thanks!

Krista K

Additional information from Beth:

Well September is Love Your Library Month in Allegheny County (we get a partial match on fundraising) so that will be everywhere in the library. But honestly I’d just be happy to fill the case as I have two open in September. I can always put in books, etc. but like to have at least 1-2 outside groups when I can. If you guys have a theme that’s cool but not necessary for us!

Tim Brown
    Participant

October is a no for me but can probably do something for September

Krista K

Any other takers? All are welcome but I’m tagging the northerners since it’s in our backyard: @rcgrier3406, @legoleia51, @kacierno, @jrosie, @bengood921, @skippermike, @tfdesigns, @mrmain18, @cybladez101, @timf, @ethang944, @octankragle14

I believe @randomdan and @schaup also displayed there last time too.

Feel free to tag anyone I missed too.

I have to submit an application to display and need to do it quick if we want September.

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I will display. Maybe fall a frame cabin?

Jade
    Participant

I’ll display- is there a specific theme or can we pick any build? Thanks for including me!

EthanG944
    Participant

I probably won’t be able to assist with the build, but I’d be glad to help with the install

Krista K

Thanks all! I’ll reach out to Beth and let her know.

@jrosie
    No theme. Whatever you’d like to bring.

@ethang944
    Sounds good! For this display it’s anything goes so sets are welcome.

Jade
    Participant

Thanks! I’m looking forward to being part of the display. I have 2 ideas of builds and will pick 1 to put on 1 standard gray baseplate to display.

Krista K

Hi all! I just submitted the paperwork for September. We’re looking at an install date of Sept 3. They’re open until 8 PM that day so thinking like 5:30 pm, unless anyone has a preference.

Jade
    Participant

Hi Krista,

Tuesday evening I cannot meet. I have a commitment after school. Is the library open Monday? Could I drop something off then?

Thanks,
    Jade

Krista K

@jade unfortunately they’re closed on Monday due to the holiday. We can leave some space for you, and let the library know that you’re bringing it later if that works.

Jade
    Participant

Krista,

If I put my build on a gray base plate (it’s 15inx15in) will that fit in the display? I could drop it off the following day, Wednesday after school at the Shaler library and fit it wherever you leave an open square. I was going to do a space build.

Jade

Dan
    Participant

I’ll plan to bring some spacey stuff. I can see if @dansboss has anything as well.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’m sure I can come up with something to add. Looking at what’s on my shelves, there’s a Quidditch Pitch that hasn’t been out on display for a while!!

Jade
    Participant

My build is 13.5 long and 10.5 wide ( a little over 1 regular base plate). Thanks for leaving room. I just finished it. I will take it weds sept 4 right afterschool since the library is in my school district.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

If the theme is “anything goes” I would like to display the tensegrity whale breaching.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Here’s what I’m planning to bring for this display. It’s 2 baseplates wide by about 15″ tall. Looking at the pictures from last year, I know it will at least fit on the top shelf, if not any of them.

Attachments:
    Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I also have a base plate display of kids playing in a leaf pile.

Krista K

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight at 5:30 pm.

Here’s the event so you can sign in during install: https://www.steelcitylug.com/events/?op=viewshifts&event_id=25

Jade
    Participant

I’ll take mine on Wednesday after school. It is 10.5 x 13.5 inches on 2 baseplates. Can’t wait to see the display.

Krista K

Display is in and looks great! Thanks everyone for coming tonight.

@jrosie
    I did let them know you’d be putting yours in tomorrow. Can you snap a few pictures once everything is in? Thanks!

@tcsbgdady
    We did put a few of your pieces in too.

Attachments:
    Jade
    Participant

Wow looks great! I can’t wait to see it afterschool. I’ll definitely post pics too.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Additional pics from last night’s set-up have been uploaded to the Gallery. To view them, click on the “Gallery” tab at the top right corner of any page, and then click on the “2024-09 Shaler Library” folder.

@jrosie
    , once you’ve added your build to the display today, please take an overall shot like this one and a close-up of your MOC so I can add them to this Gallery folder. Thanks!!

Attachments:
    Krista K

I heard back from Beth. She loved the case! She also said that Tuesday the 1st shouldn’t be a problem.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar