Feature in Blocks Magazine

Home Forums LUG discussions Feature in Blocks Magazine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Graham Hancock from Blocks Magazine reached out. They’re doing a new feature where they spotlight LUGs and they want to spotlight us. I’ll fill out most of the paperwork, but there are a few areas that I could use help/suggestions:

EVENT or PROJECT
    250 words; describe a recent event you ran or participated in; OR if you don’t really do events, a project you worked on (maybe a collab build or charity initiative, for example).

MOC SPOTLIGHT
    Choose three of your members’ builds; please send a nice pic of the build, the member’s name, the name of the build and the member’s Flickr or Instagram handle.

Any suggestions on what event to highlight and which members to highlight?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I vote for Bob’s cityscape at the Convention Center with the city in the background.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yeah, I think the most obvious MOC’s to highlight are those that are Pittsburgh specific. I would also vote for Bob’s cityscape, as well as his incline, Greg’s Pittsburgh bridge, Tim’s downtown buildings, and Josh’s Penguins jersey. If I missed anything, I can’t think of it right now.

Tim

Here is a picture of the big boys (plus Liberty Avenue buildings and the Castle apartment building). https://photos.app.goo.gl/DrRt5XgKxLFXuWd59

Will McDine
    Participant

This is an excellent Idea! I would have to agree with the MOCs mentioned. I think they encompass our group and city as a whole. Will they give us some copies of the magazine? That specific one is hard to hunt down since its a UK publication

Bob Grier
    Participant

Great opportunity to promote the LUG!! And I’m flattered and would be honored to have one or more of my Pittsburgh builds featured!! Here are a couple from the 2024 Home and Garden Show that feature both @greg’s Pittsburgh Bridge and my Pittsburgh Cityscape.

For the Incline, can they accommodate a video? If they can, I have one from Home & Garden, and one from Locomotion Weekend that shows the LEGO Incline with the real incline in the background!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krista K

Thanks @rcgrier3406 and @timf for the photos! This is going to be in the print magazine, so I’m guessing they’d prefer photos. I can ask though. Maybe they’ll want them for social media.

@willmcdine
    I’m not sure, but I’ll ask. If not, I have a subscription and call pull the page from the digital mag.

Josh
    Keymaster

Where does this stand?

Krista K

I’ve sent everything in and it’s being published. Graham is sending me a few issues.

Krista K

We’re featured in issue 119 with a two page spread! Whooo! The digital isn’t up yet, but when it is I’ll post it here. I’ll also let you know when the copies arrive.

Krista K

Here it is!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Nice layout and article. The year of our founding is actually 2012, not 2013. 😀

Thank you for coordinating this Krista.

Krista K

The year of our founding is actually 2012, not 2013.

That was my bad 🤦‍♀️

Bob Grier
    Participant

Good PR for the LUG! Thanks @knb112!!

Krista K

I went back a few issues too and every one else was only a 1 page spread. It came out great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar