Hi, I’m Dan

Home Forums Introductions Hi, I’m Dan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dan H.
    Participant

Hey all, my name is Dan. I’m in Bellevue. I’ve seen the group around town a few different times and decided to give it a check.

I was a big LEGO kid growing up and at some point got “too old” for it. The Bonsai Tree was my adult reintroduction to LEGO and I’ve been hooked again ever since. Right now I would say my winter village is the thing I enjoy working on most. I’ve included a few snips of v.2023. I also have tons of sets and have recently started into modulars and custom city MOCs.

Look forward to seeing more of the group and activities.

-Dan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krista K

Hi Dan. Welcome to the group. It’s great to have a fellow Northerner. I’m not too far from you, in Ross. I also enjoy winter village builds. I look forward to seeing you at a future event. 😊

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hi Dan, welcome. You will not have a hard time finding other people in the group who are into winter building. The group does an event at the Trolley Museum every year where there is especially a need for winter village stuff.

Dan H.
    Participant

That’s awesome! I’ve decided one of this years upgrades is a conversion to MILs for at least a good portion of it. I’ll keep an eye out for conversations around that event.

Tim

Welcome Dan! “Dan” is the unofficial most common name in our LUG so you will fit right in. 😀

Always great to have another Town builder into the LUG. In addition to the Trolley Museum event (called “Winter Trolley”), which Ben mentioned, they also have a fall event (“Pumpkin Trolley”). We also have been participating in Locomotion Weekend at the Science Center in January (this coming January will be our third year in a row) and the Home & Garden Show at the Convention Center in March. That is not even mentioning many smaller events throughout the year. So there is plenty of opportunity to participate in various Town displays as you wish.

Again, welcome!

Gabe
    Participant

(I have a reply here someplace that doesn’t want to show up, with links to the Events and Meetups sections of the forum, maybe that got it moderated or something… Anyway, welcome!)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

winter is so cliche, now if you had said “Scala babies in pretend space” then you would have my attention

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the club, Dan!

LOL @greg

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Welcome to the LUG. Winter is best season! 🙂

Dan H.
    Participant

Nice to ‘meet’ you all!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome Dan! “Dan” is the unofficial most common name in our LUG so you will fit right in. 😀

Welcome! Thanks for including some specificity to help distinguish between Dans. The H and the real profile pic will go a long way (wait do we have any other Dan H’s…?)

(Also… pretty sure it’d be easy to make that statement officially, simply by navigating to the site’s member list. If one were so inclined.)

winter is so cliche, now if you had said “Scala babies in pretend space” then you would have my attention

See, it’s funny because Greg has won The Winter Soldier award, and single-handedly taken an entire Christmas village to conventions… (also because @hacim’s Scala babies builds are friggin’ hilarious…) #itsonlyfunnyifyouhavetoexplainit #butsrslythenewguywontgetitcuzhedoesntknowgregyet #hashtagsarecool! #arehashtagscool?

Dan
    Participant

Welcome Dan! We’ll need to assemble a council of the Dans… @erunaamo, @bsodan, @howhardcoulditb, and @legomine

Dan Efran
    Participant

Dan-tastic!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar