Industrial Background Modules

Home Forums MOCs Industrial Background Modules

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Started as a joke idea but then it struck me to find out if I can have a cooling tower and other infrastructure on MILS modules. It’s not as nice as Nancy’s amazing cooling tower but I may end up using this MILS project as background art for my digital nuclear train renders, after I sculpturally refine this brick build tower. Also want to do a MILS styled Steel Mill background art for my industrial trains too. LOL

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Come to think it it, might try slope pieces on sideways construction to get the curve and the strength.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

For what it’s worth, here is a photo of a LEGO cooling tower, (and containment building breach,) I took at Brickfest 2005 on the George Mason campus in Fairfax VA.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks, that’s really helpful in picturing the vertical loft sections needed to capture the conical curve shape in brick form. Fortunately, I have built my studio model as sub components so I can make a change to a quarter section or smaller and it’ll update the whole thing as I try to get that parabolic curve improved. XD

I’m sure @willmcdine has his Lego hazmat team on the ready for a Class 7 containment breach. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar