LUG PAB Tracker Update

Home Forums LUG discussions LUG PAB Tracker Update

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I decided to take a gander at the PAB list and noticed I’m missing a number of events for 2024. Is this something that we need to get updated before the meeting at month’s end? I know the site is more automatic for things now and we sign up for events but I don’t think any of them applied after International Lego Day.

Thanks!

John S
    Participant

Seconded.

Tim

I need to get some training on the new system and get two events uploaded – Cranberry Library Summer Display and Fayette County Fair. Those have not been forgotten.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What about BF NoVA24? As the guy who was kinda sorta in charge of that one, am I the one responsible for submitting the cup credits? I’ve actually never done that before.

Will McDine
    Participant

I decided to take a gander at the PAB list and noticed I’m missing a number of events for 2024

Often times The PAB tracker isnt updated until right before the meeting. That is when it truly matters most. I believe Josh is still the one entering the info and if memory serves me correct he likes to just do one big addition instead of several smaller ones.

What about BF NoVA24? As the guy who was kinda sorta in charge of that one, am I the one responsible for submitting the cup credits? I’ve actually never done that before.

Technically the answer is yes. But I don’t recall the specifics about conventions though, I believe credit is only given for displaying and the public days, not the AFOL specific ones. Plus I dont know how to do it in this new system.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Technically tho, if we are using the tracker correctly and the events are processed after the day they are posted, I would assume the database gets updated. Just how I think programmatically it would work, I don’t know how it’s coded obviously.

Also, if it was based on meeting time, then it would have updated last meeting you would think. Again, I don’t know how it’s designed.

Will McDine
    Participant

Technically tho, if we are using the tracker correctly and the events are processed after the day they are posted, I would assume the database gets updated. Just how I think programmatically it would work, I don’t know how it’s coded obviously.

In theory yes. But once the event is entered it doesnt automatically update. There is still an internal approval that needs to happen before those credits get added to your totals. That is what I was referring to with the mass upload. Also worth noting I for the life of me cant remember if it is Josh or someone else who approves the PAB credit additions.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Home & Garden 24 isn’t listed but I coulda swore it was on there before… As I understood it Josh had it programmed to auto populate based on the sign up sheets. Looks like something might have broke.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

I have not submitted Penn Hills Library as the teardown isn’t until the day before the meeting. do we do them separately?

Josh
    Keymaster

sorry, just seeing this thread and all the replies. I see a few different topics to address…

Pab counts are off for some reason. For a lot of people. I’ll dig deeper into it later this week, possibly this coming weekend. I’m committed to having it resolved before Q3.

Brickfair cup credit isn’t typically a thing, in my memory, because Otani is usually the benefit. I don’t think more is warranted. Is there disagreement?

I’ll draft a walkthrough of how to add events and award cup credits by next week. I do recall you sent some message to me about it Tim F. I’ll look at it when I do the write up.

A ‘leader’ is in charge of defining shifts for an event. A shift can be set up, tear down, displaying, etc. I believe I set it so anyone can functionally be a leader of an event now.

Will McDine
    Participant

Brickfair cup credit isn’t typically a thing, in my memory, because Otani is usually the benefit. I don’t think more is warranted. Is there disagreement?

In reviewing other peoples PAB credit history. credits have been given to Brickfair in the past. If we want to end that in favor of paying for Otani I would be open to the discussion. I don’t recall there ever being a “this or that” decision. Then again, This was also the first year in some time we have had a larger group attend this show, So maybe it wouldn’t be bad idea to revisit

Krista K

In reviewing other peoples PAB credit history. credits have been given to Brickfair in the past. If we want to end that in favor of paying for Otani I would be open to the discussion. I don’t recall there ever being a “this or that” decision. Then again, This was also the first year in some time we have had a larger group attend this show, So maybe it wouldn’t be bad idea to revisit

I believe that in the past it may have been a single display credit for Brick Fest, but I’m honestly not sure. May be worth a discussion to set the bar for future conventions, but I’m fine with Otani being the benefit now that we’ve grown so much as a group and our product support is less than it has been in the past.

Will McDine
    Participant

I believe that in the past it may have been a single display credit for Brick Fest, but I’m honestly not sure. May be worth a discussion to set the bar for future conventions, but I’m fine with Otani being the benefit now that we’ve grown so much as a group and our product support is less than it has been in the past.

I completely agree, I am not opposed to it either. I simply don’t remember there being a discussion about it. If there wasn’t, it for sure should happen.

Josh
    Keymaster

Everything should be balanced out now.

also, international lego day was still awarded in the old system, so you’ll see it under the ‘archive’

issues I found:
    1-2024 home and garden was not displaying – This was the first event that used the automated credit system. I know I changed the indicators to calculate cup credits since then, so I’m guessing I just never went back to see if it broke anything else. Additionally, I ended up awarded cup credits again today, so there were duplicated credits for a few hours. (Thanks Dan and Jenny for giving that lead!)
    2- URL submissions weren’t showing up in the calculations. I think this is another result of me changing it after implementation.
    3- manual cups were not showing..

after all these, I’m speculating that I meant to go back and either make the code backwards compatible with the old data entries –or–update the data entries to match the code updates…and I did neither.

Josh
    Keymaster

I need to get some training on the new system and get two events uploaded – Cranberry Library Summer Display and Fayette County Fair. Those have not been forgotten.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLXQHl2EG712jgUidx_vbZGz8i0o5L0I/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=116495996053965926903&rtpof=true&sd=true

Tim

Thank you, Josh! I will review this and work on getting these two events inputted this week so everyone’s credits will be updated. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

Thank you, Josh! I will review this and work on getting these two events inputted this week so everyone’s credits will be updated. 🙂

I did fayco for you.

2024 Fayette County Fair

Jul 27

Annual Fayette County Fair display

Shifts Layouts Cups
    View Shifts (4)
    Empty Shifts - 0
    Participants - 10

Tim

@joshhall I’ve created the Event for the Cranberry Library but I am now lost on how to proceed. The system says that the event is “Closed” and to ask the Creator to Open it. I have no idea what to do now and can not figure out how to enter in the participants: Greg, Jim, Jade, Tim B, Tim F, Bob, Dan, and Jenny. Everyone should get three (3) cups total for this event. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Josh
      Keymaster

@joshhall I’ve created the Event for the Cranberry Library but I am now lost on how to proceed. The system says that the event is “Closed” and to ask the Creator to Open it. I have no idea what to do now and can not figure out how to enter in the participants: Greg, Jim, Jade, Tim B, Tim F, Bob, Dan, and Jenny. Everyone should get three (3) cups total for this event. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The event status is ‘created’, which is the default. You can create shifts here: https://www.steelcitylug.com/events/?op=editshifts&event_id=22

then you can go back to view shifts to add people: https://www.steelcitylug.com/events/?op=viewshifts&event_id=22

then you can go back to edit the event and set the status to closed (open would be used to have people sign up themselves) and when you close the event, the cups will be awarded.

Events

This is covered in page 2 and 3 of the doc.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar