Q2 2018 build challenge – brickheadz

Home › Forums › MOCs › Build challenges! › Q2 2018 build challenge – brickheadz

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #26246
    Josh
    Keymaster
    +7

    Make your own brickheadz build.

    https://brickset.com/article/26620/the-anatomy-of-a-brickheadz

    • This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Josh.
    #26253
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

    I like that the last competition was aligned with a long term goal. What is the plan for the Cranberry Library this summer?

    #26254
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    +14

    What is the plan for the Cranberry Library this summer?

    Well, it seems we were going to build some stuff, and put it in their display case… 😛

    But seriously, that thread hasn’t gained much traction yet… maybe this is a way to bump it!

    #26257
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

    The summer reading theme is “Libraries Rock.” Ben has been working on collecting parts for some gigantic library project for a couple of years. I do not know anything of the details, but its going to be YUGE.

    @bengood921 do you have an idea for this display that we could use as a point of collaboration and as a Q2 challenge?

    #26262
    Will McDine
    Participant
    +5

    In the Thread about Build challenges, I remember Brick heads being mentioned. The thought seems interesting, plus they are pretty fun to build, and small easy cup credit builds for displays

    #26325
    Dan
    Participant

    With all the talk of building giant logos why not a mini-logo challenge?

    #26356
    Josh
    Keymaster
    +7

    if anyone wants to take ownership of picking/defining/judging go for it. I haven’t heard a tie in to the summer reading display, but I do believe effort to encourage others to build for something like that is a great goal.

    I’ll default to brickheads if no one replies by this friday. here’s the idea thread if there are other ideas. http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/quarterly-challenge-ideas/

    #26370
    Tom Frost
    Participant

    How about Brickheadz self-portraits. That might be funny

    #26396
    Will McDine
    Participant
    +5

    Assuming now that BrickHeadz will be official? If that is the case I will not volunteer to judge as I plan on Participating Fully. Already have multiple ideas brewing!

    #26399
    Josh
    Keymaster
    +7

    brickheadz it is. doesn’t have to be a self portrait, but certainly can be.

    This should help a lot of people learn the basics – https://brickset.com/article/26620/the-anatomy-of-a-brickheadz

    #26401
    Tom Frost
    Participant

    I’ll step up and judge this one

    #26402
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

    brickheadz it is. doesn’t have to be a self portrait, but certainly can be.

    This should help a lot of people learn the basics – https://brickset.com/article/26620/the-anatomy-of-a-brickheadz

    Or wait a few weeks and pick up a copy of 41597, or is that cheating?

    #26403
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

    also https://brickset.com/sets/41597-1/Go-Brick-Me

    I did not know of this; that’s hilarious.

    #26578
    Will McDine
    Participant
    +5

    pick up a copy of 41597

    If anyone is going this route, it is now available from Lego, and at Toys R Us

    #26819
    David Bacon
    Participant

    I have some themed brickheadz brewing for this contest. I’m looking forward to it.

    #26983
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

    So who won and what did they make?

    #26985
    Tom Frost
    Participant

    Will McDine won with his Fireman, self-portrait, POTUS, and Peter Griffin (and snazzy display stands).

    David Bacon was a very close second with his King Friday, Daniel Striped Tiger, and Purple panda.

    Bob was third with his storm trooper and Snoopy.

    I judged but built an exhibition portrait of myself and Amy.

    Pics

    #26987
    Sean Collins
    Participant

    So last night my son was working on his brickhead and this morning he came at me with this and was like do you think i could enter this in the competition? Lol i was like you missed it by a few days but ill show it to the LUG.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #26991
    Tim
    Moderator

    Nicely done! Hope he had fun building it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Online Now

No members are currently shown as online.